09 June 2009

Update: Hazel reunited with family!

An exciting update: the very first ancestor from the Ancestor Rescue Mission has been repatriated! In a short letter to Garnett TOOHEY, Hazel Cooksey COX's sister, I explained that I had the photo album of her sister and that I would like to return it to the family. One week later I hear from Hazel's nephew via email--they are elated and excited about the album! Thanks to the US Postal Service, the State of Arizona archives, and Ancestry.com, Hazel and Talmage have returned home to Louisville, Kentucky after a circuitous voyage from goodness-knows-where, to Phoenix, to Orlando.

This is what the mission is about!

1 comment:

  1. You cant imagine my surprise when my cousin, Marshall Ray Cox, emailed me the link to this site! My father, Edward Cox,(deceased 1978), was the younger brother to Talmage Cox. And yes, they had one sister, Elizabeth. I phoned my mother, Evelyn (in the photo w/ Edward Cox), and told her "you and Dad are on the internet!!" She is now 81 yrs old, living in Ky. As I said, Marshall is my cousin and is doing well. He will retire from the Army in a couple of years. If anyone wishes to email me, feel free to do so--and THANK YOU so much for rescuing that family album! It truly would've been a shame to have it picked over by tourists. I wish you luck in your new hobby of rescuing photos and locating relatives--it's amazing what you can find out online!

    ReplyDelete